The Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment (ASLE)-ASEAN will be launching the Journal of Southeast Asian Ecocriticism this August 2021, the first journal of its kind that deals with ecocritical study in and about Southeast Asia. The editors-in-chief are Dr. Chitra Sankaran (National University of Singapore), Dr. Zainor Izat Zainal (Universiti Putra Malaysia), and Dr. Lily Rose Tope (University of the Philippines).
The inaugural issue will contain selected paper presentations from the 3rd ASLE-ASEAN Conference held in Manila last 2019. For this issue, the editorial team is now accepting contributions to its literary section. Dr. Lily Rose Tope is Issue Editor.
Writers may submit any one of the following for consideration:
1. Suite of 3 to 5 poems or a long poem.
2. Short story (3000-5000 words), or a suite of short prose.
3. Literary and personal essay, subject to the same length limitations as short stories (see above).
4. Translated work of a literary text (English from any Southeast Asian language, or vice-versa). Please secure permission of the author whose work will be translated.
1. All submissions must be original and previously unpublished. Works should also deal with an ecocritical theme.
2. Email your submission as a file attachment (.docx and/or .pdf format) to email@example.com. For both the subject heading of the email and the filename of the submission, please use your last name and the genre of the work (example, dela Cruz_Poetry). Please do not indicate your name within the pages of the attachment.
3. Please provide your contact information and a bionote of no more than 200 words in the email body.
4. The deadline for submission is on May 1, 2021. Submissions will undergo a blind review and status of submission will be released on May 30, 2021.